Dr. Swapna Sebastian MBBS, MD (General medicine). MRCP (UK), FRACP.
Dr. Sebastian is a neurologist practising on the Gold Coast.
She completed neurology training from the Royal Brisbane, Princess Alexandra and the Gold Coast Hospitals. She trained in epilepsy at the Royal Brisbane Hospital and epilepsy remains her main area of interest. She also has a keen interest in multiple sclerosis, headache and peripheral nerve disorders.
- - Outpatient consultation services for
- general neurological conditions,
- epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, neuropathy
- - Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) for Chronic Migraine, Cervical dystonia,
- Hemifacial spasm and Blepharospasm.
- - Botulinum Toxin(BOTOX) for Primary Axillary Hyperhidrosis.
She is a member of the RACP (Royal Australasian College of physicians), ANZAN (Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists) and the RCP (Royal College of Physicians, UK).
Dr Rohit Bansal consults from the Neurocare suite on Tuesdays and Fridays.
For bookings and enquires please call 1300662884.
Dr Rohit Bansal MBBS, DNB (General Medicine), FRACP (Geriatric Medicine) is a Consultant Physician and Geriatrician with a career in clinical medicine that spans over 17 years.
He completed his post graduate training in General Medicine (DNB) in 2007 and subsequently moved to Australia to pursue further research and training in Geriatrics. He was awarded the Fellowship of the Australasian college of physicians in Geriatric Medicine in 2017. He has written scientific papers ‘Behavioural disturbances in Alzheimer’s Disease’ and ‘Impact of socioeconomic factors on frailty’ and presented at international conferences.
Dr Bansal seeks to provide a comprehensive multidisciplinary health care approach for the ageing population on the Gold Coast specifically pertaining to dementia, frailty, falls and Parkinson’s disease. Dr Bansal’s practice is based on Gold Coast at Robina Private Hospital, Robina and John Flynn Private Hospital, Tugun.
Dr Bansal seeks to establish a therapeutic alliance with patients to enable a beneficial change in their health and well-being. He endeavours to provide holistic care to his older patients with an emphasis on open and effective communication with patients and their families to enhance collaborative decision making and improve outcomes.
Dr Bansal has special interest in managing –
- - Dementia and associated psychological symptoms
- - Parkinson’s disease and Parkinson’s disease dementia
- - Recurrent falls in elderly
- - Rationalise Polypharmacy to mitigate risks
Dr Bansal has commenced distinct programs -
- - MATE Parkinson’s (Multidisciplinary Approach to Treatment and Enhanced living in Parkinson’s Disease) – Parkinson’s disease management.
- - HEAL (Hospitalised Elderly Assessment and Liaison service) – focus on delirium.
- - PACE (Physical and Cognitive Enhancement unit) – Rehabilitation for elderly.
- - SAFE (Supportive care and Assessment of Frail Elderly) – Comprehensive geriatric assessment.
“BAINWAVES” are what you might call the signals we record here in the Neurophysiology room, and that’s where I come in.
My name is Jane Richmond and I’m a Neurophysiology Scientist with Dr Swapna Sebastion at the John Flynn Hospital. Despite many years in the fields of neurophysiology and paediatrics, I still enjoy, and am passionate about the work I do and the people I care for each day . I have been lucky enough to work in some of Australia’s largest teaching hospitals, rural practices, as well as Great Ormond Street Hospital for children in the UK
Because the EEG test is painless and easily tolerated by children and adults alike, the task of making clients happy and co- operative is rarely a challenge and most people leave more relaxed than when they arrive.
I even enjoy the commute to work as it gives me and excuse to get on my motorbike and blow off the cobwebs (both literal and figurative!) So next time you meet a nerdy looking neuroscientist – beware- beneath that quiet exterior may lurks a wannabe motoGP racer!!
Website Material © Neurocare 2018.
Site Build & Hosted by Selwood Media & Design